Bliss Balls are such a simple snack food, and 1 or 2 small ones are perfect for snacks on the run. Dates, tahini and sea salt blended together with a little coconut milk make a wonderful caramel. So I decided to try to use this combination to make a bliss ball. The verdict was yum by our kids and so I give you Chocolate Caramel Bliss Balls. These are nut free so perfect for lunchboxes. Enjoy!
- 10 medjool dates (seeds removed)
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 pinch of good quality see salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tblspns cacao powder
- throw everything into blender or food processor
- blitz / blend until the mixture starts to come together
- grab out a piece of baking paper and tip half the mixture onto the paper
- use the baking paper to pull the mixture together and roll into a log*
- cut the mixture into 2-3 cm chunks
- roll each piece into a ball
- repeat steps 4-6 with the other half of the mixture
Makes about 24 small to medium sized bliss balls.
* watch this facebook video of me rolling out the bliss balls – watch out for my son’s poo jokes!
Just a reminder, you don’t need to be a master chef, or have a big spotless kitchen to make awesome nutritious meals or snacks for your family.
We buy our pantry staples from The Whole Food Collective. We love them. Please do check them out. If you purchase from the link above then you get the same great price but the The Wholefood Collective will also send us a small financial thank you – this helps us to continue to keep providing you with loads of free recipes, tips and educational articles. We thank you for supporting us by shopping using these links.