100% peanut butter and rolled oats are pantry staples in our house. This week I was thinking that it had been a while since I created a new breakfast recipe. I looked in the pantry for inspiration and the peanut butter and rolled outs jumped out at me. So I went to work creating a new ‘flavour’ muesli. I am happy to say this was a hit with our peanut butter loving family.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- handful sultanas
- 100g butter (organic)
- 1/2 cup 100% peanut butter*
- 2 tblspns maple syrup*
* adjust the quantities of these ingredients to suit your families tastes. Next time, I’ll add a little more peanut butter for us.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix dry ingredients (except sultanas)
- Melt butter, peanut butter and maple syrup, stirring until the peanut butter has dissolved into the butter mixture
- Stir peanut butter maple mixture through dry ingredients, and stir until all ingredients are wet
- Spread the mixture out in a single layer on the 1-2 baking trays*
- Cook for 8 minutes, then stir turning the mixture over
- Cook for another 8 minutes. Adjust the timing base on the level of goldeness your family prefers.
- Cool on tray
- Crumble / break up mixture with your hands
- Stir through the sultanas, then store per instructions.
* I line my trays with baking paper, then when the muesli is cool you can pick up the baking paper and use it like a funnel to tip it into your glass storage jar.
Freezing / Storing Instructions
Not suitable for freezing. Best stored in an airtight jar or container for up to 2 weeks.
Another 2 ways
- Replace the sultanas with goji berries for a bit of colour
- You can mix this with Chocolate Breakfast Puffs to make a combination breakfast.
Just a reminder, you don’t need to be a master chef, or have a big spotless kitchen to make awesome nutritious meals or snacks for your family.