One of my favourite questions to ask myself is how can I make this meal or snack more nutritious. One day I was making hommus (a favourite in our house) to go with our falafel for dinner and I asked myself the question – how can I make this more nutritious?
Roasted sweet potato is the bomb so I thought I wonder how it would go mixed into the hommus. I didn’t have chickpeas soaked so I used cannelini beans instead. Using my standard hommus recipe, I added some smokey paprika and boy was this dip yummy.
This is a great dip to serve with crackers and vegetable crudites.
- 400g of cannellini beans
- 1 cup of roasted sweet potato
- 2 tblspns tahini
- 2 tblspns lemon juice
- 2 tblspns olive oil
- 2 tblspns water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 – 1/2 tspn smokey paprika*
- salt and pepper to taste
*adjust this to suit your families taste. Our kids aren’t huge fans of the smokey flavour, so I only used 1/4 tspn for ours.
- Rinse and drain the cannelini beans
- Throw everything in your food processer
- Blitz until rich and creamy
Another 2 ways
- Add a big dollop onto the top of a roasted vegetable salad
- Serve alongside falafels (this is what we did)